Rhonkefella Makeovers...Beauty in Strokes

06:13

Make up artistry is a huge market in Nigeria now with loads of entrepreneurs in that field, the point is how does one carve a niche for oneself in the midst of other professionals.
One of the ways to be outstanding is by being committed and passionate about one's craft. Also, steadily build a brand which people know consistently delivers the best service and you are on the way to entrepreneurial bliss.

Rhonkefella Makeovers


These qualities, and more, have been exhibited by the beautiful Ms Aderonke of Rhonkefella Makeovers, as she steadily makes a name for her brand in the ProMUA industry. Here is the story of her passionate thrive to make a mark.
Be inspired!

Rhonkefella Makeovers
Delectable CEO of Rhonkefella Makeovers

ABOUT MYSELF?
My name is Aderonke Enoabasi Adefalujo, a graduate of Theatre Art from the University of Abuja (FCT). I am in my mid twenties and I am an entrepreneur for a living. I am the MD/CEO of RHONKEFELLA MAKEOVER.

Rhonkefella Makeovers

ABOUT MY BUSINESS?
RHONKEFELLA Makeover is a makeup brand set out to offer proffessional beauty and  makeup services since 2013. And to God be the glory its a growing brand which has had over 50 clients to its credit. I started my makeup brand while in school in 2013 there was a 3 month (ASUU) strike then so I took the opportunity to go for the makeup training in the renowned House of Tara and since then I have become a certified MakeupArtist.

Rhonkefella Makeovers

WHY I WENT INTO MAKEUP?
Growing up, I have been a lady who has always loved makeup and fashion! I used to spend not less than 10k on my makeup as at 2012. Even when I wasn't professionally trained, I tried to buy some product and learn on my own! I even go as far as making up for my friends and sister so the interest has always been there, it was something I had passion for. After a while I wanted to start making money early enough, I am naturally independent and I didn't want to bother my parents much about some other necessary/unnecessary wants, so I thought of what I could do to make money. First I started selling bras, then bags although selling bags fetched me lots of money and returns but there was no satisfaction then I went back to my first passion "makeup". The tuition fee to learn was quite huge so I told my mum and she provided the money for me and that was how I went to House of Tara International (HOT) to learn and become certified.


THE STRUGGLE
In all honesty, I will say the struggle is still on. I am doing far better than when I started but not yet where I want to be. When we talk about makeup a decade from now, I want The RHONKEFELLA brand be mentioned amongst the 1st three in Africa so the struggle is still on! Makeup is an art and every art work we were taught is beautiful; so it wasn't easy to find my own signature, have my selling point as a brand and stick to it! Learning the art of makeup itself wasn't easy and we are still learning on the job!

Rhonkefella Makeovers


WORK BALANCING?
Honestly work with school didn't allow me be consistent enough with my work. Naturally I am a very sensitive human being, so I put the sensitivity to my job. I mostly do bridal/ engagement jobs which makes me a wedding vendor! So if school clashes with my work, I turn down the job; not because I do not need the money but I understand the gravity of having to dissapoint a client on her special day(wedding) so I try as much to avoid such issues. After school, I had full time for my job, I was mostly not home because I travelled for jobs too. Thank God for my understanding  parents! So when I am home, I am home; when I am out to work, I am out!

Rhonkefella Makeovers

MOTIVATION?
Sometimes I feel like quitting (lol).  The best thing about being an entrepreneur is you are your own boss.  One of the worst things about being an entrepreneur is if you fail, you take the blame. Sometimes the businesses can be slow, you start to wonder what's wrong, and you have lot of bills piling up also, it can be scary; but then I don't like the easy way and the easy way is to quit so I stay strong!

Rhonkefella Makeovers


And I get loads of encouraging messages from people who I haven't met before telling me how much they love what I do nd pray for me and some make me understand they look up to me; when I remember this set of people, I won't quit because I fear I will disappoint them. So I get motivated by them and also the passion and drive I have for the job sustains me.

Rhonkefella Makeovers

TRAINEES?
RHONKEFELLA makeover is absolutely looking foward to admitting trainees and apprentices. It's our dream to start training and grooming young and aspiring MUAs; and also help in developing the country's economic growth by employing creative hands. We are strongly working towards it.

Rhonkefella Makeovers

ADVICE?
First, identify your purpose on earth; Secondly put God first in everything you do and thirdly be passionate. Do not let people's accolades or appreciation get to you as an artist, you have to continue working on your level of creativity! No one has arrived! Be consistent! If you are not, people won't take you seriously!  Be professional and humble! Humility takes you farther than you can imagine!

Rhonkefella Makeovers


CONTACT DETAILS:
Mobile Number: 07067433450
Email: aderonkeadefalujo@yahoo.com
Instagram: @rhonkefellamakeover, @therealrhonkefella       
Facebook: www.facebook.com/RHONKEFELLA

Hope you learnt a lot from this post? It's much more than being great at your craft, fam; you also need to have the edge. Ms Ronke has professionalism,humility, consistency and punctuality working for her..
What is your selling point?

xxx

#MakeUpArtistry
#ProMUA
#JoyIjehonBlog
#SupportingBusinesses
#PromotingSMEs
#BuildingABrand

Photo Credits: @rhonkefellamakeover

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *