LET'S STOP THE PRETENSE ABEG!!!!!!

08:43


LET'S STOP THE PRETENSE ABEG!!!!!!
Hello!!!!
It's been a minute, yeah? Been busy busy busy *sighs*
Missed posting on here too and while I am here though I would like to share some thing that has
been on my mind...and here it goes
I have often heard people say others only allow them see the good and not the bad part of their lives, especially on social media. This maybe true but I can’t get how people want others to add to the ugliness that is already in the world today. Besides, we all know life is....well....life *shrugs*
LET'S STOP THE PRETENSE ABEG!!!!!!

No one has it all rosy except by the grace of God which keeps helping one to surmount challenges as they show up. If we already know that, why then I wonder do we want to see an ugly picture or some deep secret to show that others are "real" enough.
I also sometimes wonder if people feel the same way about me. Maybe I get more ‘yinmus’ than ‘thumbs up’ when I do a post or put up picture simply because some people feel I am only putting my best qualities or attributes forward.
The truth is…that is exactly what I am doing.
YES!!!!!!
Showing off all the goodness in my life while allowing God take all the glory.
I don’t get what these other people think they know about me?
How many ‘dark secrets’ about me have been uncovered by anyone?
Why should I even affirm all that you have coloured with your judgmental eyes?
LET'S STOP THE PRETENSE ABEG!!!!!!

A lot of whys that I really do not want answers for…simply because I have learnt to magnify my strengths in the face of my weaknesses. I have learned to praise my Savior and seen that the more I lift Him above my struggles, temperamental weaknesses, my failings and disappointments, the more ‘goodness’ I see and am able to show forth.
Although it took me a long time to realize this, now that I have though, I am going forward and never looking back. I refuse to be bothered by other people’s myopic opinions of my truth rather I will spend my life giving glory to the One who see things that have been buried, yet loves me like I am unsoiled.
LET'S STOP THE PRETENSE ABEG!!!!!!

So please, get used to seeing only the best pictures, photos of celebrations, hang – outs, triumphs and accomplishments; sit back and read my posts of gratitude about love and friendship and laughter…. because for every shakara by the devil, God just keeps loading me with victories before I ask even.
So I’ll give glory to Him always through my life’s memoirs so that others may come to know and magnify Jesus Christ above all else in their lives....and I think it's perfectly OKAY if you do the same too...
*peace*

Model: Yours truly Joy Ijehon *bats eyelashes repeatedly*

#JIBInspires
#BridalMakeover
#Hair
#MakeUp
#LoveYourself
#God

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Truth you say my dear...of course I want to put my best foot forward. The same people that judge me when i upload a beautiful picture of myself are those same people that will accuse me of washing my dirty linens outside if i continuously put my sad faces out. So no "sorry" I will continue to look my best and let God take all the glory. Wise words my sister, wise words

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *